1. Intellectual Property Rights
- All the content, trademarks and data on this web-site, including but not limited to software, databases, text, graphics, icons, hyperlinks, private information, designs and agreements, are the property of or licensed to Caxton Books and as such are protected from infringement by local and international legislation and treaties.
- Electronic Communications
- When a person visits www.caxtonbooks.co.za or sends an e-mail to any e-mail address related to this web-site, that person consents to receiving communication from Caxton Books electronically and agrees that all agreements, notices, disclosures and all other information sent by Caxton Books satisfies any legal requirement, including but not limited to the requirement that such communication should be “in writing”.
- No person, business or website may frame this website or any pages on this website in any way whatsoever.
3. Spiders and Crawlers
- No person, business or website may use any technology to search and gain any information from this website without the prior written permission of Caxton Books. Such permission should be obtained from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No person, business or website may link to any page on this website without the prior written permission of Caxton Books. Such permission should be obtained from email@example.com.
- Hyperlinks provided on this website to other websites are provided as is and Caxton Books does not necessarily agree with, edit or sponsor the content on these other websites.
- Apart from the provisions of sections 43(5) and 43(6) of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, neither Caxton Books nor any of its agents or representatives shall be liable for any damage, loss or liability of whatever nature arising from the use or inability to use this web-site or the services or content provided from and through this web-site. Furthermore, Caxton Books makes no representations or warranties, implied or otherwise, that, amongst others, the content and technology available from and on this website are free from errors and omissions or that the service will be one hundred percent uninterrupted and error free. Users are encouraged to report any possible malfunction(s) and/or error(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Information, ideas and opinions expressed on this website should not be regarded as professional advice and/or the official opinion of Caxton Books. Users are encouraged to take professional advice before taking any course of action related to information, ideas and/or opinions expressed on this website.
- All purchases from www.caxtonbooks.co.za are made pursuant to agreements with shipping and delivery agents and risk of loss passes from Caxton Books to such agents upon delivery of any item to such agent.
- This website is supplied on an “as-is” basis and has not been compiled or supplied to meet any user’s individual requirements. It is the sole responsibility of the user to satisfy himself/herself prior to entering into this agreement with Caxton Books that the service available from and through this website will meet the user’s individual requirements and be compatible with the user’s hardware and/or software.
- Neither Caxton Books nor any of its agents or representatives shall be liable for damage, loss or liability of whatever nature arising from the use or inability to use any product purchased through/on this website.
- The price of any item is displayed with the item. In the event of a sale or special offer the discounted price will be displayed.
- Shipping costs are detailed under Orders and Deliveries.
- Value Added Tax at the ruling rate is included in all prices on this website. While VAT is not levied on purchases if both the billing and shipping addresses are international, we are currently unable to accommodate this option. Please contact email@example.com and we will assist you with foreign orders.
- Import Duties may be payable by recipients of goods in foreign countries. We are unable to calculate or estimate these costs and suggest that you research this issue prior to placing any orders.
- Please refer to Orders and Deliveries.
- All delivery times are quoted based on shipment to a South African address. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assist you with foreign orders.
8. Agreements of Sale
- An Agreement of Sale between Caxton Books and the user only comes into effect when an authorisation is received from the issuing bank.
- Caxton Books reserves the right to refuse to accept and/or execute an order without giving any reason(s). Caxton Books also reserves the right to cancel orders in whole or in part as circumstances dictate. Caxton Books will only be liable to refund money already paid by the user.
- Caxton Books shall take all reasonable efforts to maintain correct prices on all goods. If however an error occurs Caxton Books will not be obliged to sell the goods at the incorrect price and shall only be liable to refund monies paid.
10. Governing Law
- This website is hosted, controlled and operated from the Republic of South Africa and is therefore governed by South African law.
- Caxton Books shall take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of users. For this purpose, the clause “personal information” shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (PAIA). The PAIA may be downloaded from: http://www.justice.gov.za/legislation/acts/2000-002.pdf and the Promotion of Access to Information Amendment Act of 2002 from: http://www.justice.gov.za/legislation/acts/2002-054.pdf.
- Caxton Books chooses as its domicilium citandi et executandi for all purposes under this agreement 406 Imam Haron Road, Lansdowne, Cape Town, 7780.
13. Changes to Agreement
- Caxton Books may at its sole discretion, change this agreement or any part thereof at any time without notice.